Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sharing Swords - Superhero Julia

Per our usual Sunday routine, after church today we headed over to visit and take the sacrament to an elderly lady that we have come to know since moving up to Alaska. Contrary to our usual routine, since Rebecca was gone, I needed to take all four remaining kids in with me - they usually rotate weeks and only one gets to go in with me at a time. The lady and her son that we visit have a small toy bucket in the living room that the kids always run to. Being the oldest, Julia and Ethan made it to the bucket first today and they both grabbed the two swords. Elliott also wanted a sword though and when Julia (7) saw this she gave hers to him and pretended a toy drumstick was also a sword instead.

They all had a good time fighting. As I was picking up some of the messes I turned around to see Elliott attacking the 90+ year old lady we were visiting. She was doing her best to block the blows with her hands and the swords were only foam, but I could tell that it was a little too much for her, and so I quickly found him new target to attack. Last time we had visited he gave her a sword at least, but I guess this time he wanted to get his opponent by surprise while she was defenseless.

Julia is my superhero today for giving her sword to Elliott, even though he ended up using it for devious purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment