Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Help with dinner - Superhero Julia

On Tuesdays, Julia is the only one who has homework. So today while she was working away on it, the boys were all checking out the new books I picked up from the library. I was expecting her to go join them once she was done and I finished checking her work. But instead, she asked if she could set the table and then help me cook. I know she likes cooking, so I wasn't too surprised, but I don't know where the offer to set the table came from. Although I did some of the measuring a chopping for the meal, she ended up cooking the rest of the fried rice all on her own. She then made some homemade pudding for dessert, including finding the recipe in the cookbook, getting out all of the ingredients, and then making it all up. It allowed me to catch up on some of the dishes that I had fallen behind on and gave us lots of time to read together after dinner was over.

Julia was my superhero today for helping me prepare dinner and dessert.

1 comment: