Monday, October 13, 2014

Dirty Job - Superheros Christian and Elliott

About a year ago our garbage system moved to fancy trucks with claws that pick up the garbage cans and dumps them into the top of the truck. Although it works pretty good, sometimes the can is tilted just enough before it reaches the opening that a few things drop out onto the ground. Christian, Elliott, and I were watching the truck as it got to our house today. As it raised our garbage can, a grocery bag filled with dirty diapers that I had placed on the top slid out and barely missed the opening. Luckily I had tied the bag closed tight and none of the diaper bombs tumbled out of it. Unfortunately, I breathed a sigh of relief too quickly. As I looked closer I noticed that the stuffed bag fell right in the path of the truck's back tires. Although I made a dash to the door, I wasn't quick enough. As the truck inched forward to the next house, the huge tires popped the bag open and 30 or so sticky diapers were smashed on the street.

Christian (4), Elliott (2), and I laughed for a couple of minutes, but then I figured I better clean it up quickly before all of the neighbors started to complain. As I headed out with my snow shovel, Christian and Elliott said they wanted to help. Of course, given the nature of the job, I didn't let them do too much, but it was still nice to have the company.

Christian and Elliott are my superheros today for helping me clean up the mound of squished stinky diapers from off the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment