Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bless You! - Superhero Elliott

Elliot (2) really pays a lot of attention to what others are doing, what they are thinking, and how they are feeling. For example, after I dropped the kids off at school I came back and sat on the couch to work from home. Elliott saw me in my white shirt and tie and asked if I had gone to the temple this morning. I usually do go to the temple on Wednesday mornings and so I guess he has learned that  if I am dressed up in the morning I probably went to the temple. As another example, he usually picks up on when someone is getting ready to go somewhere several minutes ahead of time and without anyone saying anything will ask if he can come along.

Today as we were reading books together, I sneezed. Elliott right away said "bless you dad!" I am not really sure where he picked that up from because although we have previously talked about how saying that is polite, he definitely hasn't had modeling from his older siblings. Althugh this type of concern for others is common for him, for some reason today's "bless you" helped me remember how considerate he always is.

Elliott is my superhero today for wishing me well when I sneezed.


No comments:

Post a Comment