Thursday, October 2, 2014

Help Making Beds - Superhero Christian

Every Thursday Rebecca washes all of the sheets for the kids. We like to have them hang dry as much as possible, which usually means that they are not ready to be put back on the beds until right when it is bedtime. Although Julia and Ethan are pretty good at helping out for their beds, Christian and Elliott often turn in to wild monsters at this time (they like to wrap themselves in the sheets, jump on the beds as I am trying to make them, and sometimes pull the blankets and sheets off the bed right after I put them on.

This evening I told them both that they could play on whatever bunk I am not working on, but if I was currently trying to make it, they had to stay off. I started with the top and that worked pretty well. But then when I got to the bottom they started hanging off of the top. I was amazed at how strong they were and how they could hang themselves down and then pick themselves back up to the top bunk. Elliott had a little harder time doing it, so his feet would often land on the bottom bed (the one I was trying to make) when he hung down. When this happened, Christian (4), wanting to help his brother follow the rules, would kindly remind him not to do that and then showed him how to do it without touching.

Christian is my superhero today for helping his brother follow the rules and thus helping me have an easier time making the beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment